We are such bandwagon hoppers. If everyone’s watching it, well then so are we. If you have Netflix you’ll know that they pump out the epic series like there’s no tomorrow. And sometimes some series take off into the tellyland stratoshere. There was House of Cards. And Narcos. And of course Making a Murderer. And this month (or last month, I’m not THAT on the button) it’s all about Stranger Things.
I took the liberty of remembering nine things we commented on during this addictive little series. Think Gogglebox in your blog post. Hey, it could catch on.
1.I always wanted a Raleigh Chopper bike. (This was followed by actual tears from the husband as he watched all the lads zoom around 80s style on their big long bicycles. This then led onto the further tear inducing moan about Santa never bringing the roller blades asked for. There’s still time I assured him. As long as he’s a good boy.)
2. Doesn’t Winona Ryder look like Sinead O’Connor? She DOES though.
3. I have a few Clash albums in the attic. Be prepared to reminisce and go rooting for all things 80s and musical. The soundtrack is awesome!
4. I’m scared. That was mostly from me. How can you not be scared of monster aliens who live in paralell universes and in the walls?
5. You can really feel the passion between these two, can’t you? Again mostly me. I loved the relationship between Nancy and Steve. It had all the intensity, on-off-edness you’d expect from any decent teenage romance. The husband – not one 80s shite did he give about the romance. But that’s why Stranger Things is fantabulous. It appeals to both men and poor partners forced to sit through eight hours of childhood nostalgia.
6. This is just like E.T. So many moments.
7. This is X Files Scary. The best 90s television, rolled up with our favourite 80s movies and packaged for streaming in the two thousand and teenies. Thank you Netflix.
8. Doesn’t your man look like that junkie guy who used to go out with Kate Moss? That’s Pete I was thinking of. Pete Doherty. Sorry Steve, but you kinda do.
9. Hasn’t Winona come a long way since robbing shops? She has though. She is AMAZING in this. Awards please.
In case you haven’t seen Stranger Things and are considering watching, me and my very cultured hubby say… do it! It’s true there are aliens and monsters and they may not be your thing (they are not mine, but I can be easily persuaded by good television). It has a great script, borrows tons from classics like The Goonies and all good horror movies, has a fantastic soundtrack and the actors are very fine indeed.
Or the monsters might come and get you.
I’m a member of the Netflix Stream Team and receive a complimentary package for review purposes. Have you watched Stranger Things? Did you make any of the same comments we did? Featured image source: cinepop.com.br