*Shortlisted in the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards 2016 (Books & Literature)
*Longlisted in the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards 2016 (Parenting)
*Ranked in Top 500 TOTS100 UK Parent Blogs
*Longlisted in the Irish Beauty Blog Awards 2016
*Nominated in the IBA Awards 2016
*Longlisted in Irish Parenting Blog Awards 2015
*Longlisted in Blog Awards Ireland 2015 (Parenting)
*Shortlisted in Blog Awards Ireland 2015 (Parenting)
*Nominated in Maternity and Infant Awards 2015
- Finalist in Wexford Literary Festival One Act Play Competition with live stage performance
- Runner-up Junefest Literary Festival Short Story Competition 2017
- Chosen for anthology of Irish writing, details to be announced in 2017
- Shortlisted Celtic Imbas Short Story Competition 2016
- Finalist Southport Writers’ Circle Annual Short Story Competition 2016
- Placed for Date with an Agent at ILF Dublin 2016
- Shortlisted Fish Publishing Flash Fiction Competition 2016
- Longlisted Fish Publishing Short Memoir Competition 2016
- Finalist Ernest Hemingway Flash Fiction Prize 2015 (Read Branding Day here)
- Shortlisted Celtic Imbas Short Story Competition 2015
- Longlisted in Irish Times Amateur Travel Writer Competition 2015
- Winning author in OrginialWriting.ie’s 2015 Anthology (Published 2015)
From time to time I feature on the Women with Opinions slot on LMFM to discuss current affairs. In the lead up to the Blog Awards Ireland 2015 I spoke to Late Lunch about blogging in Ireland. You can listen in full on the player below:
The Irish Times – September 2016
I wrote an Opinion article in response to news coverage and columnist Una Mullally’s piece on why parents should not be posting their children’s photographs on Facebook. While I think parents should be careful and responsible for what they post, there is more to posting pictures than trying to create a ‘perfect reality’, from connecting with other parents to simply reflecting ourselves and our lives on our social media.
Drogheda Life – August 2016
The widely read Drogheda Life website covered my shortlist nomination in the Books & Literature category for the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards
RTE Lifestyle – July 2016
I was a featured blogger on RTE Lifestyle, Ireland’s National Broadcaster’s website in July 2016
The Journal – March 2016
For the 2016 General Election I wrote a piece for The Journal.ie, the leading online news site in Ireland about what it was like to lose your job after an election.
Drogheda Life – September 2015
The widely read local news site Drogheda Life covered my shortlist in the Blog Ireland Awards.
IrishCentral.com – March 2015
To mark International Day of Happiness I wrote a piece called 100 Things That Make Irish People Happy which was published by Irish Central.com – the Irish-American newspaper site based in the US.
HerFamily.ie – February 2015
I featured as a guest blogger for a week in February 2015 on HerFamily.ie, one of Ireland’s leading parenting sites.
I got some great local coverage in the run up to the Blog Ireland Awards 2015 which brought with it new readers and support, pictured below are the Drogheda Leader and Drogheda Independent newspapers.
In Autumn 2015, I was featured in Easy Parenting magazine to mark the first birthday of my daughter and the four lessons I’d learned in one year of being a Mum.